6th Grade English Language Arts Teacher January 2023- BSCS
Company: BONITA SPRINGS CHARTER SCHOOL
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: November 16, 2022
Create and implement a flexible program and classroom environment
favorable to student learning and personal growth. Develops lesson
plans consistent with established guidelines. Establish effective
rapport with students, staff members, and parents. Motivate
students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge to provide an
effective educational foundation, in accordance with each student's
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Instruction/Education
* Plans and implements a program of instruction that adheres to the
company's philosophy, goals and objectives as outlined in the
adopted courses of study.
* Makes purposeful and appropriate lesson plans which provide for
effective teaching strategies and maximizes time on task.
* Presents subject matter to students to maximize learning
opportunity and provides real-world, application based examples and
* Reviews student records in order to develop a foundation of
understanding regarding each student's abilities and needs.
Maintain accurate and complete student records.
* Strives to maximize the educational achievement of each
* Utilizes a variety/range of student learning modalities in each
lesson and uses differentiated instruction within those
* Utilizes diagnostic assessment of student learning on a frequent
basis. Maintains accurate and completes student records.
* Assesses student strengths and weaknesses on a frequent basis,
provides appropriate activities to address student needs and
generates progress reports as required.
* Refers students with suspected learning problems to appropriate
support personnel. Assigns lessons, corrects student work product
and reviews oral presentations.
* Coordinates class field trips (as required).
* Prepares students for state required achievement assessments.
* Keeps current in subject matter knowledge and learning theory and
is willing to share this knowledge for the continual improvement of
the school's curriculum.
* Assists in the on-going curriculum revision process, including
the revision of written courses of study. Assists in the selection
of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
* Becomes acquainted with supplemental services beneficial to
students as an extension of regular classroom activities.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and
appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
* Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience
and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
* Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated
work on display as appropriate. Implements all relevant policies
governing student conduct.
* Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in
accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in
the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
* Develops lesson plans consistent with established guidelines and
* Plans individual and / group learning activities designed to meet
instructional objective and students needs.
* Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation
upon request of supervisory personnel.
* Participates with other staff members in curriculum planning
during designated meetings.
* Incorporates into planning all diagnostic information as required
in the student's Individual Education Plan (IEP).
* Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
supplies, equipment, materials and facilities needed to implement
effectively the planned instructional program.
* Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes reasonable
effort to communicate with parents/guardians when appropriate.
* Communicates clearly, consistently and positively with parents
via all appropriate mediums. Cooperates with members of the
administration, other staff and with CSUSA.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding student records. Participates
in parent communication activities.
* Participates in extracurricular activities to ensure a positive
school culture and provide support for students and staff (as
\*\*MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED\*\*
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE *Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward
the position and the mission of the company; support the company's
values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational
performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as
outlined in the Employee*
* Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the
ability to prioritize
* Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and
administrative Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs,
employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such
between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and
* Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including
presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening),
* Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to
follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to
solicit feedback to improve
* Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates
* Strives to implement best practices and positive character
* Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university
or equivalent. Possession of valid teaching certification (as
* Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years successful teaching
experience (may include Student Teaching Internship
* *Must hold valid teaching certification in English Language Arts
Grades 5-9 or English Language Arts Grades 6-12, or hold a valid
Statement of Eligibility from the Florida Department of
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Command of grades/subject specific content and theoretical
knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement,
evaluation and feedback techniques.
* Understanding of and commitment to company values.
* Successful results of criminal and employment background
* Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent
communication skills. Adherence to the requirements of the Code of
Ethics for the Education Profession.
* Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find
appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work
environment characteristics listed below are representative of the
environment the employee will encounter:
* Usual school working conditions.
* May be noisy during high student traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. *No physical
* Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
* Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and
benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole
right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any
employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department
will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,500.00 - $57,311.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
* Teaching Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: BONITA SPRINGS CHARTER SCHOOL, Bonita Springs , 6th Grade English Language Arts Teacher January 2023- BSCS, Education / Teaching , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!