Company: Herc Rentals
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Req #: 37921Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service
equipment rental firm - providing our customers the equipment,
services, and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance
safely, efficiently, and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment
rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through
technological innovations, expanded product offerings, and
value-added services, and consultative solutions to support its
customers' projects.With more than 55 years of equipment-rental
expertise, approximately 4,900 employees, and approximately 270
company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals
serves a broad range of end markets, including construction;
industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations;
governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and
remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film,
television, live entertainment, and special event production;
agricultural operations; and facilities management.
Short DescriptionThe Desktop Engineer's role is to ensure the
stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house
end-user compute that supports core organizational functions. This
is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing
all deployed desktop solutions and associated endpoint maintenance.
Desktop Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and
problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve
issues to maximize the benefit of IT endpoint solution deployed and
ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Planning
- Collaborate with infrastructure staff to ensure smooth and
reliable operation of endpoint solutions for fulfilling business
objectives and processes.
- Contribute and maintain an end-user compute roadmap
- Develop endpoint computing strategy and business cases
- Work with executive team members, decision-makers, and
stakeholders to define business requirements and endpoint computing
goals, and to identify and resolve endpoint business
issues.Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new endpoint applications and enhancements to
existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls
for endpoints, Desktop as a Service, and VDI Solutions.
- Assists in the development, testing, and operations of new
security policies, tools, software, and deployment tools.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for
proposed endpoint solutions or new software implementation to aid
management in making implementation decisions.
- Adopt a security first approach to all planning and
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and
contractors to secure system-related products and
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing endpoint
deployment and imaging; develop and implement strategies for
improving or further leveraging these solutions.
- Regularly review ServiceNow incidents for failure pattern and
- Propose and create system design models, specifications,
diagrams, and charts to provide direction to operational and
- Design and perform end user personal files backup and audits
successes of the backup procedures, and other recovery processes in
accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business
- Design, create, test, implement and oversee the deployment of
software packages, patching, and remediation of endpoint
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to endpoint
configuration, roadmap, mapping, processes, and service
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing
- Monitor and test endpoint system management performance;
prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified
and new software and process implementation.
- Oversee the timely deployment of patches and vulnerabilities to
meet Herc SLAs
- Review, test and implement proposed and approved endpoint
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to Desktop Engineers
RequirementsKnowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and
implementation of endpoint, applications, and related
- Experience with software packaging, testing, and deployment
- Experience implementing and deploying physical endpoint,
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and Desktop As A Service
- Experience managing end-user experience through usage of Group
- Experience with enterprise image management, deployment, and
- Experience creating presentation material and analyzing data
using the Microsoft office products
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to
multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet
deadlines Education Background
- The Senior Desktop Engineer will have a bachelor's degree and
10 years of Engineering experience, associate degree and 12 years
related experience, or 15 years related experience.
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Microsoft and VDI related certification a plus
- Other IT-related certifications favorableSkill
- Minimum of five (5) years of desktop engineering
- Experience using scripting PowerShell to automate tasks is
- Strong Windows registry knowledge required
- Knowledge of OKTA SSO and MFA solutions is a plus
- Experience with Intune and ECM (formally SCCM) preferred
- Experience in AWS workspaces, Azure Virtual Desktop, Citrix
VDI, VMWare VDI is a plus
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our
success depends on the dedication and capability of our team
members. We are focused on attracting, retaining, and empowering
talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the
equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that
reflects the variety of people, cultures, and communities we
interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive
environment in which all team members feel valued and
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits
package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings
plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision
care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation, and holidays.Herc
does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race,
creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin,
marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political
affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit
Keywords: Herc Rentals, Bonita Springs , Desktop Engineer, Engineering , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!