Company: FirstService Residential
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Social/Activities Director will develop, organize and
program all adult entertainment activities for the on-site
property. Must continually maintain and improve all aspects of the
clubhouse-oriented social life.Essential Duties &
- Organize all resident activities, on and off premises,
including dances, theme parties, holiday celebrations, movies, card
games, exercise programs, etc.
- Conduct an assessment to determine those activities in which
the residents would be most interested in pursuing and/or
- Supervise the development of new and existing clubs that
reflect the interests of the Community.
- Document resident participation in group and/or individual
- Manage all areas of special events, games and entertainment
- Supervise catering (food and beverage) for functions.
- Supervise decorating and promotions for functions (where
- Supervise all operational and technical requirements related to
clubhouse activities such as lighting and sound.
- Supervise any in-house television channel.
- Coordinate all club meetings and use of rooms.
- Schedule shows, cabarets, holiday parties, special events, etc.
Keep calendar of activities for the community.
- Supervise preparation of in-house news publication (1-40
pages). Be responsible for overall lay-out of the publication and
- Responsible for developing and distributing the Property weekly
newsletters, advertisement layouts, size of ads and sales.
- Post meeting notices.
- Supervise ticket sales for shows.
- Order and display event and show posters.
- Oversee all bulletin boards in clubhouse. Keep these
- Serve as Host, Mistress/Master of Ceremonies for shows and
- Order needed supplies (e.g., art and craft supplies, party
- Oversee the activity budget to ensure that costs are maintained
within budgetary guidelines.
- Take pictures of Community events, parties and other special
- Plan special "theme" days or months around holidays, seasons,
or recognized days such as Father's or Mother's Day.Additional
Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties as required.Supervisory Responsibility
- Establish and supervise necessary committees as
required.Education & Experience
- Associates degree in Business or related field from an
accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years or related work experience as an Activities
or Social Director required.Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Must have strong entertainment planning background.
- Solid computer skills.
- Able to work with vendors and crews on organizing events in a
- Strong administrative background.
- Excellent working knowledge of customer service principles and
- Outstanding interpersonal, office management and communication
skills, as well as a self-starter and multi-tasker.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and
- Exercise all duties and tasks in a cheerful and friendly manner
as well as be a team player, together with office staff and
residents to achieve all events successfully.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, with ability
to identify, plan and prioritize business opportunities.Tools &
- The associate is required to work at a personal computer for
extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for
extended periods of time.Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, walking, carrying, and occasional climbing.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends.Travel
- Driving when necessary.DisclaimerThe above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by associates within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of associates assigned to this job. This is not an
all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right
to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to
this job at any time.
Keywords: FirstService Residential, Bonita Springs , Lifestyle Director, Executive , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!