Manager, Applications Development
Company: Herc Rentals
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Req #: 30046
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm
- providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions
they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and
effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc
Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological
innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services
and consultative solutions to support its customers' projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise,
approximately 4,900 employees and approximately 270
company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals
serves a broad range of end markets, including construction;
industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations;
governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and
remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film,
television, live entertainment and special event production;
agricultural operations; and facilities management..
As part of the Digital Platforms and Innovation team at Herc
Rentals, the Architect, Application Development plays a key role in
designing quality technical solutions to drive Herc Rentals digital
platforms. With minimal guidance, they will create and modify
complex application programs based on requirement
The ideal candidate maintains a positive demeanor and is a team
player with a desire to impact change. The candidate has strong
technical skills along with the demonstrated ability to not only
get things done as an individual but to help lead projects in a
customer-driven, fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in
conceptualizing and developing new software programs and
- Mentor and manage junior and senior developers.
- Lead a highly skilled team to transform existing front end and
back-end architecture into a platform that can support a suite of
applications and services
- Responsible for the design and prototype for new or existing
systems including the development of test plans and program
- Ensure that technical solutions are in line with company
standards in respect to architecture, security, compliance, testing
and product direction.
- Leverage industry best practices and tools to continually
improve teams' ability to deliver and maintain solutions.
- Develops cost-effective Digital IT solutions by modifying or
writing new software that ranges in complexity level
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 5 years of development experience in modern web development,
including Java, C#, .NET, Angular or React.
- 1-2 years of Cloud-based development, including AWS or
- 2 years working within an Agile Development environment
- 2 years with CI/CD tools such as Git, Docker, Jenkins, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent presentation and soft skills, able to present complex
technical concepts to business partners and senior management
- Designing distributed and scalable applications on cloud
platforms with focus on performance and resiliency, utilizing
- Interacting with and querying databases and/or NoSQL
- Leverage on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture
principles to define and own Solution Architecture (applications
and data technologies)
- GraphQL, Xamarin, and .net experience will be a plus
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and map out
- Responsible for the creation of a well-informed cloud strategy
and administer the adaption process
- Develop and organize cloud systems and work closely with IT
security to monitor the company's cloud privacy
- Provide prompt response to technical issues in a professional
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum development teams
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our
success depends on the dedication and capability of our team
members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering
talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the
equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that
reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we
interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive
environment in which all team members feel valued and
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits
package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings
plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision
care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of
race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national
origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status,
political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other
non-merit factors .
Keywords: Herc Rentals, Bonita Springs , Manager, Applications Development, Executive , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!