VP of Resident Care Services
Company: Discovery Senior Living
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: May 27, 2023
About Discovery Senior Living Discovery Senior Living ranks
prominently among the 8 largest senior housing providers in the US,
and is nationally renowned for designing, developing, marketing,
and operating a multi-brand portfolio of upscale, luxury
senior-living communities. With a 30-year reputation and almost
14,000 existing homes or homes under development, our company is a
recognized industry leader with a penchant for excellence and
innovation. Discovery Senior Living is hiring a Vice President of
Resident Care Services. - - Required location is Bonita Springs, FL
- VP of Resident Care Services will be responsible for activities
related to the development, implementation and ongoing support of
quality management, memory care programs, celebrations and fitness
systems, resident care systems, and related educational initiatives
throughout the organization. Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development and implementation of new policies and
procedures, which reflect adherence to corporate and external
regulatory guidelines to ensure care and services rendered to
residents is clinically appropriate and promotes optimum
efficiencies. Reviews new regulatory directives and implements
changes as needed.
- Develops, Implements and maintains compliance with memory care
safety and clinical standards.
- Develops, implements, and leads company's quality assurance
program, and develops benchmarks, and monitoring measures to ensure
- Reviews and investigates resident complaints/Hotline Complaints
- Ensures compliance with resident rights policies and works to
resolve resident grievances.
- Manages the various budgets to meet objectives as well as
- Oversees the execution of innovative programs that promote an
active, resort style experience for Residents in all levels of
care. - These include but are not limited to activities and events,
fitness, wellness, education, and technology components.
- Monitors and analyzes resident care data and serves as a member
of the Executive Leadership Team responsible for the overall
strategic direction and management of clinical strategies and
- Disseminates the strategic vision for the delivery of care
across the Company as well as the overall delivery of clinical
services, care, and activities for residents.
- Conducts compliance surveys at communities. Assist in
coordinating actions plans to minimize liability and risks as a
result of compliance surveys.
- Leads a high performing Clinical Services, SHINE, and
Celerbations team and matrixed management of community supporting
positions by overseeing the attracting, engaging, developing and
retaining support positions.
- Participates in State and Federal surveys and compliance
investigations. Reports findings of State and Federal surveys to
the Regional Operations Leader.
- Supports and follows up with communities in identifying trends
and assists in the development of corrective action plans and
- Gathers performance improvements indicators and survey data to
identify trends. Develops Plans of Corrective Actions with the
Regional Operations Leaders (ROL), Executive Directors (ED) and
Director of Health and Wellness (DHW).
- Schedules periodic site visits to provide supervision, clinical
expertise, ensure communication, and to monitor the overall
operation the clinical services and Celebrations department.
Conducts facility reviews based on operational needs, changes in
management and commitment to regulatory compliance.
- Reviews all potential move-outs. - Reviews all potential
move-in denials prior to any communication with prospective
resident or family member.
- Provide in-service training and orientation to community staff
regarding survey process, risk management, corporate compliance,
performance improvement, etc. -
- Participates in the clinical review of residents as
- Audits level of care assessments for accuracy and
- Participates in review of clinical risk scenarios at the
community level to mitigate liability and risk.
- Participate in the interview and selection process and
orchestrate onboarding for community DHWs.
- Participate in the clinical review of new move-ins as needed
and in support of the DHW.
- Oversees the Celebrations and Fitness Team, identifying and
executing on opportunities to grow referrals and revenue to the
- Champion the company culture at all times. -
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilites:
- Provides supervision and guidance to Regional Directors of
Resident Care , Specialists, SHINE Team, Celebrations and Fitness
Teams and others as assigned to assure delivery of consistently
high quality care to residents.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory compliance in all states of
responsibility. - -
- Experience in assisted living, home health or long-term care
- Ten (10) years' nursing experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse in good standing.
- Five (5) year nursing management experience Benefits: In
addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery
offers a comprehensive benefit package. - - Eligible team members
are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical,
dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and
paid holidays. - -Team members are eligible to participate in our
outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance
Program and accident insurance policies. Thank you for your
interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. - - EOE D/V
Keywords: Discovery Senior Living, Bonita Springs , VP of Resident Care Services, Executive , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...