Urgent Naples, Venice, Ft Myers PRN MSW Home Health/Private Duty
Company: Discovery At Home
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Discovery at Home -is comprised of a team of professionals with
-extensive experience -in senior living personal care. We're always
nearby, including our senior management team, accessible to our
clients and their families, and have direct authority to make
decisions right where we are. We know local healthcare issues and
procedures, and how to deliver the best care possible to our
clients. Discovery at Home is -Medicare certified -and has earned
the Community Health Accreditation Program's (CHAP) coveted
Discovery at Home is hiring a Medical Social Worker -
Our Medical Social Worker provides medical social services to
clients in their homes in accordance with physician orders and
under the direction and supervision of the Director of Nursing or
another appropriate supervisor.Responsibilites:
- Assists in the admission process of the client to the Agency by
performing an initial evaluation assessing the client's
psychosocial status, and evaluating the client, family, and home to
identify socioeconomic and emotional factors that will affect the
plan of treatment.
- Assists in development and implementation of the
interdisciplinary client care plan as it pertains to medical social
- Observes, records and reports changes in the client's emotional
and social factors that effect the client's illness, his/her need
for care, and his/her response to treatment.
- Consults with the attending physician concerning alteration of
the plan of treatment.
- Maintains and submits written clinical records as deemed by the
Agency, including the initial evaluation, the care plan, and daily
- Evaluates the client's and the family's response to, and
effectiveness of, the medical social work intervention.
- Confirms, on a weekly basis, the scheduling of visits with the
Director of Nursing to facilitate coordination of other staff
- Participates in Agency activities and committees, when
appropriate, to include staff development activities and in-service
- Supervises the social work assistant once monthly.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Assumes responsibility for self-development by continually
striving to improve his/her Medical Social Worker practice through
formal education, attendance at workshops and conferences, active
participation in professional and related organizational meetings,
and individual research and reading.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as assigned.
- Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumptions of care, discharges, visit notes and
significant change in condition in accordance with agency defined
time frames.Provides Skilled Medical Social Work Services
- Assesses the client's potential to cope with his/her social and
- Acts as consultant to the members of the health team, assists
them in understanding the social, emotional and environmental
factors related to the client's health problems.
- Helps clients to utilize the resources of their families and
- Provides rehabilitative and supportive casework.
- Assists clients and their families in coping with personal and
environmental difficulties which might predispose them toward
illness or interfere with obtaining maximum benefits from medical
- Masters Degree from a School of Social Work (MSW) approved by
the Council of Social Work Education.
- Must have, or be in the process of acquiring, certification
from the Academy of Certified Social Workers.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Must have two years experience, with at least one year of
experience, in a health care setting (hospital, clinic,
rehabilitation center, etc.)Benefits:In addition to a rewarding
career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive
benefit package. - - -Full-time team members are offered a
comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision,
life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. -
- Both full and part-time team members are eligible to participate
in our outstanding 401k plan with company match our Employee
Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.DV/EOE
Keywords: Discovery At Home, Bonita Springs , Urgent Naples, Venice, Ft Myers PRN MSW Home Health/Private Duty, Healthcare , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!