Dining Room Supervisor
Company: Vasari Country Club
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Dining Room SupervisorReports To: Food
and Beverage DirectorFLSA Status: Exempt Department Food and
BeverageSupervises Food & Beverage StaffBonita Springs, Florida
34135 SUMMARY Supervises the servers, bartenders and server
assistants. Assures member and guest satisfaction through proper
food and beverage service and presentation. Maximize the club's
profitability from the catering function. Assists with hiring,
training of staff. HOURS/DAYSHours and days fluctuate according to
the wants and needs of the members and guests. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be
- Diagrams buffet tables, guest tables and other function room
set-up needs for special events and regular dining.
- Holds pre-function meeting with servers to ensure smooth,
efficient service; assigns server stations and coordinates the
timing of courses.
- Ensures that all food & beverage staff are well-groomed and in
proper uniform (including name tags).
- Assists with on-going sales efforts for group and local
- Assists in the preparation of the marketing plan and annual
budget to increase the profitability of the banquet operation;
monitors performance against budgets; recommends corrective actions
as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Assures proper inventory of all banquet service equipment and
supplies to meet required needs.
- Acts as Head Waiter at special, private functions and may greet
and seat guests as necessary
- Handles member and guest complaints.
- Assures that all functions are properly staffed in accordance
with the approved banquet staffing schedule.
- Assures the neatness, cleanliness and safety of all banquet
- Conducts after-event evaluations to improve quality and
efficiency of banquet functions.
- Ensures that all appropriate charges are billed correctly to
each event and forwarded to the accounting department for
- Attends any and all department meetings.
- All other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh
School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum two (2) years
experience in Food and Beverage Management with Catering Experience
preferred (experience in private club preferred). Must possess
knowledge of proper dining room service. Must possess excellent
interpersonal communicational skills and ability to interact
professionally with members and guest while under pressure.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- TIPS Certified
- Emergency first aid certification preferred. SPECIAL SKILLS AND
- Requires ability to remember guest names
- Requires ability to utilize computer
- Must be able to work long hours during the season PHYSICAL
DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Requires constant (67% -100% of the time) standing or walking
around for 6 to 14 hours daily.
- Requires constant lifting of food trays, dishes, tables, chairs
and glassware (up to 50 pounds).
- Requires constant bending, carrying, reaching, and
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Must possess the ability to walk to and from kitchen and tables
in a brisk fashion. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
associate encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will entail all food and beverage outlets.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally
works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Vasari Country Club, Bonita Springs , Dining Room Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!