Company: Copperleaf Golf Club
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Kitchen Manager required for a private golf club in Bonita Springs,
Florida. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for
the Pool Cafe Kitchen, food production, personnel staff training
and supervision of all kitchen staff ensuring that quality
standards are met at all times. The Kitchen Manager will assist
during a la carte service and be capable to work all culinary
workstations at various times as required. The Kitchen Manager will
assist and perform monthly inventories, pricing and implementing
cost controls and maintain the strictest sanitation requirements.
The Kitchen Manager reports directly to the Executive Chef. The
Kitchen Manager must be available to work a variety of shifts and
be flexible with the needs of the club and its members. This
requires the ability to work a flexible schedule that requires
weekends, nights and days and special holidays. This is a
year-round position. Eligible for benefits after 90 days (Medical,
Dental, Vision, Short/Long term disability, Life insurance, paid
time off and participation in a matching IRA program after one year
of service.). A competitive wage is available which includes
employee meals, uniforms. the club is an EOE, DFWP. The ideal
candidate will have a minimum of three years of progressive
culinary experience working in a high-volume private club, resort
or hotel. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experienced and proficient in all aspects of food preparation
and kitchen management to include but not limited to the following
- The ability to lead and manage kitchen staff in a productive
and positive manner in the absence of the executive chef. The
ability to manage in compliance with the clubs employee handbook
and additional club policies as required by the executive chef /
- The ability to understand and follow both written and oral
directions and requirements provided by the club management.
- The ability to understand and comply with all state, local and
federal agencies requirements.
- The ability to teach, train and supervise staff members in a
consistently positive manner that focuses on staff development and
daily execution of all responsibilities.
- The current certification compliance for Food Service
Sanitation from the State of Florida.
- Demonstrated Knife handling skills to chop, slice, cut,
fabricate, trim and dice required food items in the manner
determined as the standard of operations.
- The ability to demonstrate and execute math menu conversions as
directed in batch cooking methods and standard food preparation
- The ability to lift and carry up to and including fifty
- The ability to receive products both food and other supplies
from approved vendors.
- The ability to prepare soups, sauces, vegetables, starches,
meat, fish and other products as required by the standards set
forth by the executive chef.
- The ability to lead and manage kitchen staff in a productive,
consistent manner in compliance with all state, local and federal
- The ability to interact professionally with all club team
members on a consistent basis.
- A proven track record and ability to motivate kitchen staff
members in conjunction with the executive chefs standards of
- The ability to foster and environment that recognizes over
achievement and rewards positive contributions to the overall
well-being and success of the club.
- The ability to train staff members in all areas of kitchen
production, sanitation and cost controls.
- Confident in food terminology and a complete, thorough
understanding of classic food preparation methods as required in an
institutional kitchen environment.
- The ability to create a menu and execute the menu in complete
compliance of club standards.
- The ability to teach, train and mentor kitchen staff to develop
individual team members.
- The ability to follow production preparation sheets and banquet
event orders on a consistent basis.
- Proficient in setting up food displays and buffets as required
by the executive chef.
- The ability to cross utilize food products and create food
items that meet the club standards.
- The proven ability to reduce costs and eliminate waste in food
- Proficient in cost controls and food inventory usage methods /
- The ability to communicate to service staff food items on the
menu and how they are prepared using culinary terminology to
describe all methods of preparation.
- The ability to create Chefs featured items and specials as
requested by the executive chef.
- To follow the direction and requests of the Executive Chef and
to support the clubs mission statement and goals of the club.
Keywords: Copperleaf Golf Club, Bonita Springs , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!