Franchised Director of Food & Beverage
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Posting Date Nov 06, 2019
Job Number 19156914
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Luminary Hotel & Co., Autograph Collection, 1375 Monroe
Street, Fort Myers, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job
opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an
independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging & Development. The
franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies
and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you
accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a
franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Directs and oversees all aspects of the organization's food and
beverage planning and service, with duties to include menu planning
and costs, preparation and presentation of food and drinks, and
adherence to quality and safety standards. Plans, coordinates, and
oversees special events. Must identify marketing opportunities to
promote food and beverage products. Provides input to strategic
decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Will
provide input into developing annual budgets. Responsible to
escalate issues arising from operations and requiring coordination
with other departments.
* Develop and implement cost-saving and profit-enhancing
* Communicate with all departments to ensure that customer service
needs and expectations are fulfilled.
* Create a positive atmosphere for guests and team members
* Developing, implementing, and changing menu items; interviewing,
selecting, training, supervising, counseling, and maintaining
disciplined F&B staff;
* Work with the individual outlet managers to assure food and
beverage quality, good service and cleanliness.
* Manage the day to day operations, ensuring quality service
standards are met and the guest experience is exceptional
* Maintain accurate payroll for all team members within the
department. Comply with deadlines to ensure proper hours, PTO, and
Holidays are paid out correctly.
* Participate in required meetings to include: Executive,
Departmental, Staff, Manager, and any other meetings.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which
includes wearing proper professional attire
* Comply with all safety standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations and OSHA guidelines
* Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints, and/or
accidents at all F&B outlets in an attentive, courteous, and
efficient manner including follow up to ensure guest
* Direct daily huddles at every shift to inform team of the hotel
* Conduct monthly meetings with department to review scores,
training, and any hotel / department items.
* Uphold standards regarding purchase orders, voucher of invoices,
and checkbook accounting according to Mainsail Lodging &
* Ensure team members are aware of all applicable laws regarding
* Ensure all Brand Standards are being followed.
* Ensure compliance with all F&B policies and procedures by
training, supervision, hands on approach, and follow- up
* Control costs by conducting daily / monthly par checks and
inventory to review portion control, reduce waste, and ensure no
interruption of service
* Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and
maintain low beverage cost
* Direct all management and team members to maintain a professional
* Ensure team members are treated fairly and equitably, prioritize
team member retention
* Monitor and track team member performance to ensure a "whole
picture" review session
* Direct with the assisting in the conducting of annual team member
* Respond to emergency situations using information contained in
Safety Data Sheets; keep SDSs current and easily available
* Managing banquets
* Review of P&L reports
* Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Administration
* Minimum 3-4 years of senior F&B managerial experience within
a high volume multi outlet setting
* Pre-Opening Hotel / Restaurant experience preferred
* Free Standing Restaurant and / or Life Style Hotel experience
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and diplomatically with
internal and external guests.
* Micros and Open Table knowledge preferred.
* Make sound judgments quickly
* Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards
* Able to work independently, take direction and provide direction
* Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel and
* Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
* Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure
* Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Marriott, Bonita Springs , Franchised Director of Food & Beverage, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!