Legal Assistant / Paralegal
Company: Data Search NY Inc.
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: October 20, 2018
Legal AssistantThis is not an ordinary legal role.? Step outside the box and join our experienced legal team working for a company that is a national leader in its industry!? Work for a company that values its employees' work-life balance, offers great benefits, and is committed to the success of its clients.? TRAKAmerica is a national outsourcing provider managing over $13 billion in assets for our clients. As we continue to expand our infrastructure, we currently have an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant to manage a demanding case load for our growing Legal Department.? Applicant will find this position to be outside the ordinary everyday Legal Assistant office experience that will provide the opportunity to work with multiple jurisdictions across the US.? This position?will? manages counterclaims, direct lawsuits, threats of suit, regulatory inquiries, motions for fees and/or sanctions, and various support operations on behalf of clients. This role is more independent than the typical Legal Assistant position while still providing a team environment for assistance and support as needed. While this is an entry level position, as the individual learns the industry and grows in the position, additional tasks are assigned and learning opportunities provided.?This position is classified as non-exempt under the FLSA and will earn over-time pay for any hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a given work week.??Position Summary:The Legal Claims department serves as the primary interaction point for TRAKAmerica?s nationwide network of law firms and collection agencies and its clients relative to pending legal claims, and is responsible for receiving inbound claims via a central electronic mailbox, investigating the claim, processing and logging the claim as defined in our current process standards, responding to and ensuring the next steps are performed in order to resolve the claim, and liaising with the firm/agency and client through resolution.???This role will require a demonstrated ability to maintain strict timelines, manage varied client expectations, thrive under pressure, work independently, process the issues being presented and critically think through the next steps in order to meet and exceed our agreed turn-around times for our suppliers and clients.??Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review and process legal claims submitted for specific clients
- Liaise with firms, agencies, and clients in the processing and management of claims
- Identify and explain allegations, key issues, and next steps for pending claims?
- Ensure that client expectations are met, including the timely submission of all client deliverables
- Facilitate the transmission of documentation and communication between clients and suppliers
- Resolve issues with legal claims to ensure effective and timely resolution of all claims??Work Environment:?The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here and representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.?Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.??Legal Assistant
- Prior experience in a process oriented environment
- Exceptional attention to details, problem assessment, sound judgment, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Developed organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast pace environment
- Ability to recognize urgent matters and escalate when necessary
- Untiring willingness to resolve matters and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, planning and decision-making skills
- Strong team playerQualifications Required:
- Minimum Associate's Degree or equivalent litigation experience?
- Litigation experience (including a strong understanding of the process and terminology used)
- Strong computers skills using Microsoft Office 7, Excel, Outlook, and Word.PowerPoint skills are a plusOther qualifications desired:?
- Paralegal or Legal Assistant Certification or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of debt collection laws and experience in debt collection or financial industry helpful
- Experience with Amicus Attorney software preferred?Physical demands:?
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear ?
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus??Benefits:
- Our company?offers a competitive, experience-based salary
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance, and 401(k) plan; and a performance-based bonus structure???Any offer of employment conveyed by TRAKAmerica is conditional upon the successful completion of the company?s lawful pre-employment checks/screens including but not limited to criminal background check, credit check, and drug testing (to the extent permitted and in accordance with applicable law). ?This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.TRAKAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.???
Keywords: Data Search NY Inc., Bonita Springs , Legal Assistant / Paralegal, Legal , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!