Patient Services Coordinator (Bonita Springs / Estero, FL)
Company: Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: January 9, 2022
General Summary of the Purpose of the Position
The Patient Services Coordinator (PSC) is the face of the clinic
and the patient's guide throughout his or her Journey to better
hearing. The PSC is responsible for coordinating all aspects of
patient care. This includes providing a professional and inviting
front office experience, managing the clinic schedule and patient
accounts, maintaining patient records, organizing special events,
leading retention efforts and more. The PSC is an essential
component of the Clinic Team and a steward of its resources.
Approach and Deployment (What to Do & How to Do It)
* Receive all patients into the clinic according to standards set
forth by the company. (Reception Protocol)
* Acknowledge patients when they arrive. Stand up to greet and
offer assistance, coffee and refreshments.
* Answer phones promptly using standard greeting, listen
empathetically and follow phone script.
* Place same-day follow-up calls to new patients scheduled and
those who did not show or cancelled their appointments.
* Facilitate a concierge-level patient experience in the front
office. (Setting the Stage)
* Keep office neat, clean and current.
* Prepare coffee and refreshments every morning.
* Review charts for upcoming patient appointments using company
* Lead Morning Huddle on behalf of Clinic Team at the start of each
* Administer patient intake forms at check-in. Review and update
PMS as needed.
* Participate as needed in patient education.
* Manage patient schedule on behalf of Clinic Team. (Schedule
* Schedule and confirm all patient appointments.
* Enter appointment outcomes within twenty-four hours of
* Use strategic scheduling to accommodate same- or next-day new
* Prep schedule in advance for daily Opportunities and Special
* Manage patient accounts receivable, deposits and inventory for
Clinic Team. (Accounts Management)
* Track all orders, sales and payments through PMS system.
* Adhere to PO Process and inventory guidelines.
* Maintain cash 'till' and make regular bank deposits.
* Reconcile all deposits daily and report weekly.
* Collect patient insurance information and verify benefits.
* Submit insurance billing requests. Monitor claim status for
follow-up as needed.
* Comply with monthly AR and Inventory reporting requirements.
* Help build practice through patient contact, outreach and
retention marketing. (Customer Lifecycle)
* Always schedule follow-up appointments for patients seen in the
* Be familiar with your clinic/regional marketing event
* Place follow-up calls to patients included in remarketing
outreach and campaign reports as received.
* Ensure accurate patient record classification via updates to
required fields and additional research as needed.
* Prepare for and participate in special events.
* Maintain day-to-day operational procedures. (Integration)
* Maintain office supplies and organization.
* Manage patient files per company standards.
* Adhere to HIPAA guidelines and protect patient privacy.
Results - Performance Measures (How to Measure Success)
* Customer Retention - Measured by active customers as a percentage
of clinic total customers
* Patient Referrals - Measured percentage of referrals from your
active customer database
* Same- or Next-day New Patient Appointments - Measured by the
number of days 'wait time' for Hearing Consultation
* Days Sales to Cash - Measured by the number of business days
payments are outstanding
* Maximized Opportunities - Measured by the percentage of Hearing
Consultations completed with a companion (to scheduled)
Other Duties (Non-Measurable)
* Support Northland Employee Corporate and/or Department
* Adhere to guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook
* Support corporate health and safety objectives
* React to change productively and handle other essential duties as
* Actively engage in meetings and training sessions applicable to
Job Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities for performance
of essential duties])
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
* Education: High school diploma preferred or equivalent work
* Experience: Some experience in a customer service or retail
* Knowledge: Solid computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft
* Industry familiarity encouraged
Skills & Abilities
* Excellent Customer Service skills
* Ability to organize and multitask
* Problem solving skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills required
* A strong desire to learn
* Positive outlook
* Joy, Respect and Courage
Exercise of authority or supervision over others:
This position has access to a variety of confidential customer
* External: This position communicates regularly with patients,
manufacturers, other vendors, and insurance companies
* Internal: This position communicates regularly with the
administrative, clinical and leadership teams.
* Normal office conditions
* Occasional travel required for training and meetings
Equipment Operation: General equipment
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list
of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are
they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe
the general nature of the job.
Keywords: Starkey Laboratories, Inc., Bonita Springs , Patient Services Coordinator (Bonita Springs / Estero, FL), Other , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!