Youth Care Specialist - Sign on Bonus ! (7213)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant .
LSF is looking for talented Youth Care Specialists who wants to
make an impact in the lives of youth ages 10-17!
Flexible schedules required! Looking for night and weekends
HOURS NEEDED: 3PM-11PM
We're offering SIGN-ON BONUSES!
$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS ( paid in two increments at 3 and 6 months of
This position is located in Ft. Myers!
Purpose & Impact:
This is a direct service delivery position. The Youth Care
Specialist supervises residents, provides quality care, ensures a
safe and secure environment and transports and accompanies
residents with outside activities. You will be the role model and
encourage each resident to pursue educational growth as well as
everyday life skills.
A Day in the Life of a Youth Care Specialist:
* Provide supportive environment for youth.
* Provide daily security and up-keep of facility.
* As directed, participate in the implementation and monitoring of
client case plans.
* Participate in various in-service training sessions.
* Attend staff meetings, as directed.
* Assist with supervision of residents during activities.
* Effectively manages behavior and supervision of residents during
* Assign and supervise chores.
* Prepare meals as needed.
* Screen clients, conduct initial intakes and administer client
satisfaction surveys when so directed.
* Complete required initial paperwork for clients.
* Oversee shelter clients self-administering all medication.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and be flexible
* Valid state driver's license and proof of auto insurance
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
Experience working with youth/troubled youth in an
organized/structured setting preferred.
* Dependability, discretion, and good judgement are essential.
* Ability to establish effective relationships with clients,
co-workers and the general public.
* Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural
and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
* Team player with co-workers and administrators
* Certified CPR/First Aid, crisis intervention within the first 90
days of employment
Why work for LSF?
LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a wide
range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff members become
part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of those in
need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as they
explore areas of interest within the organization.
Amazing benefits package including :
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
* 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
* Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
* 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR 3%
student loan repayment reimbursement
* Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Bonita Springs , Youth Care Specialist - Sign on Bonus ! (7213), Other , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!