Verification of Benefits Rep/Service Center Administrator ON-SITE
Location: Bonita Springs
Posted on: January 18, 2023
For more than a century, Ottobock has pursued the mission of
helping people living with limb loss or mobility challenges regain
or maintain their freedom of movement. We do this through the
development of leading prosthetic, orthotic and wheelchair
innovation and an unwavering commitment to delivering superior
patient care experiences. As a growing healthcare company, we
continue to invest in both our people and new service offerings.
With more than 8,000 employees worldwide and 1,100 across North
America, we are dedicated to advancing the O&P industry and
improving the lives of the people served by it.
We are looking for a Service Center Administrator/Verifications of
Benefits Representative at our Bonita Springs, FL location. In this
position you will perform a dual role of maintaining the office for
credentialing/regulatory purposes and supporting billing operations
and Verification of Benefits. This is a single person office in a
professional office building and the position requires the employee
to work in the office Monday-Friday any 8 hour period between 7am
The office address is: 4061 Bonita each Rd. STE 104 Bonita Springs,
The VOB Representative (+/-95% of total time) is responsible for
answering incoming calls and obtaining all necessary information
from referral sources to initiate accurate patient profiles. Also
responsible for conducting timely and accurate verification of
benefits and communicating insurance benefits information to the
patient and to colleagues in field service. Achieves department
goals for productivity and quality. Communicate with payors and
provide insurance information to the patient or other sources as
The Service Center Administrator (+/-5% of total time) is
responsible for the maintenance of the service center, monthly
audits of on-site credentialing requirements, greeting visitors
(Medicare, CHAP, city/local government representatives, payers,
etc.) that are auditing the service centers credentials and other
administrative duties as assigned.
VOB Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform insurance verifications and authorizations for orthotic
and/or prosthetic devices to ensure coverage for each code used for
each device ordered for a patient.
* Collaborate with other team members and communicate requirements
pertaining to their patients insurance coverage.
* Communicate accurate benefits to the patient or applicable
* Communicate co-insurance and deductible amounts to the patient or
applicable customer and collect if possible.
* Process all authorization requests required by the patients
insurance carrier through live communication via phone with
carriers or using insurance carrier online portals to obtain the
most up-to-date benefit information.
* Create patient account profile in the billing system, manage the
collection of medical documentation required to secure
authorization for patient cases across all offices, and update the
patient file with appropriate notes accordingly.
* Use active verbal and written communication of payor medical
necessity requirements with clinical and non-clinical staff.
* Communicate any changes in requirements for verification or
authorization by insurance carriers to the Manager/Supervisor for
training and compliance updates.
* Provide problem-solving approaches to claim verification and
authorization processes and formulates a plan of action for
training considerations by the Manager/Supervisor.
* Answer calls in a timely and professional manner and provides
signature customer service.
* Participate in training programs for continuous learning and
* Adhere to HIPAA and PHI Regulations.
* Observe and communicate to management any opportunities to
streamline processes and improve efficiency in day-to-day
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Service Center Administrator Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain the Service Center in accordance with all established
standards required by Payers, Local and Federal Governments,
Accrediting Agency, and Ottobocks Policies.
* Audit the service center per accreditation requirements and
company standards monthly and submit audit paperwork to the
* Correct deficiencies as they are identified.
* Consistently demonstrate professional demeanor (including dress
code, company property use, etc.).
* Greet visitors and participate in successfully completing
regulatory and/or accreditation site visits/audits.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Exceptional communication/interpersonal/teamwork skills.
* Minimum typing of 45 wpm; Excellent ten-key skills.
* Professional telephone manner: Ability to hear, communicate and
comprehend by telephone for prolonged periods.
* Advanced problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to use
good judgment in resolving customer service issues.
* Ensures assigned work is complete and accurate by the end of work
shift daily, weekly, and monthly.
* Strong computer skills; Proficient in MS Office and
Education and Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in a
relevant field preferred.
* Minimum 2 years experience in medical billing, preferably with
orthotics, prosthetics, and/or durable medical equipment
* Experience with HIPAA regulations and Medicare and insurance
* Experience utilizing Healthcare Common Procedure Coding (HCPCS)
and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) 10 billing
Physical demands and working conditions:
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee works in a temperature-controlled office environment. The
noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
Ottobock is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Ottobock, Bonita Springs , Verification of Benefits Rep/Service Center Administrator ON-SITE, Other , Bonita Springs, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!